Susan B. Meister Award for Best Paper in Child Health Policy
The Susan B. Meister Award for Best Paper in Child Health Policy recognizes an outstanding scientific paper in child health policy in the past year. Awardees will be honored at the Annual Susan B. Meister Lecture in Child Health Policy with a plaque of acknowledgement including a $1,000 honorarium in support of their research.
Submissions must be made by a current University of Michigan graduate student or post-doctoral fellow who has published a significant paper in the past year. Doctoral dissertations as well as peer-reviewed publications or reports that are published, in press, or under review are eligible.
Source of Nominations
Self-nominations are encouraged and welcomed. We anticipate that many submissions will be self-nominated. Faculty mentors are encouraged to nominate their students or trainees.
Papers will be evaluated for the contribution of novel methods or expanding knowledge about a significant clinical or public health issue. The quality of research and significance of the policy implications of results will also be considered.
Nominations should be submitted via email to Samantha Jones email@example.com.
February 7, 2024: Call for nominations opens
March 7, 2024: Submissions due
March 2024: Review by Executive Representatives
April 4, 2024: Award will be presented at the 16th Annual Susan B. Meister Lecture
Submission packet should include:
1. Summary of Paper: Provide a half page concise summary description of the submission including:
- Contribution of novel methods or expanding knowledge of a significant clinical or public health issue
- Quality of research
- Significance of policy implications of results
2. Paper or extended abstract (2-3 pages) in lieu of a dissertation:
- For dissertations that reflect a 3-paper option, please submit the paper that is most relevant for this award,
- For monograph-style dissertations, please submit an extended abstract with the following sections: Introduction, Methods, Results, Conclusions. Please also provide a copy of the full dissertation for review,
- For stand-alone papers that are published, in press, or under review, please submit the complete paper.
3. Curriculum Vitae